As we enter Black History Month, it’s important we remember ways to encourage and elevate underrepresented sellers. Only 20% of sales professionals are people of color; this month is the perfect time to acknowledge that discrepancy and take steps to a more diverse sales community. So on today’s episode of Selling in Color, Donald details three simple ways to elevate underrepresented sellers.
1. Utilize LinkedIn to highlight someone.
- A previous Selling in Color guest, DeJuan Brown (check out his episode here), used to make weekly LinkedIn posts highlighting others in his community.
- Hiring managers say they don’t know any people of color or that no people of color choose to apply for open positions. So DeJuan made a point to expose these people to people of color.
2. Give a lead or help a sales rep thrive.
- A recent guest A.J. Vassar stated that we need to connect more. And that the first thing we should ask is, “what are you trying to accomplish this week, month, and year?”
- If you help enough people, you’ll eventually get what you want. Reciprocity is real.
- Ask your friends who their ideal customer is, and as you’re prospecting for yourself and see someone who qualifies, help them out.
3. Celebrate wins.
- Celebrate those around you when they accomplish something great.
- Not only does this encourage that individual, but the noise this celebration creates will inspire other people of color to go out and do big things as well!
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode to help us understand what you want to hear.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.