Like many sales professionals, you probably have a ton of contacts on LinkedIn. But how do you connect and build relationships with those people? Find out on today’s episode of Selling in Color! In this episode, Donald shares his insights (and his screen) to help you nurture your LinkedIn contacts. Visit The Sales Evangelist website page for this episode to follow along on Donald’s screen.
1. Take advantage of LinkedIn notifications.
- If someone announces a new position, comments on your post, or shares an article, use that to create a personal touch in your message.
- Remember, you don’t need every message or notification to have a sales purpose. You should also connect and interact purely to develop a relationship.
2. Send personal messages
- If someone has already reached out to you on LinkedIn, that’s a good reason to respond and engage with them.
- Look through their page and ask quetions to learn more about them. After all, you connected for a reason!
3. Keep a list of people to contact
- Make a list of sales managers (or whoever you want to interact with.) If you notice any first-degree connections who hold that title, reach out to them.
- If you haven’t interacted with them since your initial connection, asking a simple question fosters a dialogue that might lead to a lasting relationship (or just break the ice and make your subsequent follow-up less awkward.)
Not every message has to be (or should be) for a sales reason. Every salesperson, at some point in their career, will feel stuck. Revitalizing your LinkedIn can be just the tactic to get past that hurdle and increase your productivity and pipeline. (And, of course, you can also increase productivity by purchasing Donald’s Sales Planner.)
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.