While Donald was talking with another person of color in sales, he was lamenting over a lack of accepted connection requests on LinkedIn. (Hey, we’ve all been there.) So on today’s episode of Selling in Color, Donald shares his tips to grab someone’s attention on LinkedIn (whether or not they’ve accepted a connection request.)
In this episode, Donald shares his screen to show how you can use these strategies yourself. To watch the video, click here: https://youtu.be/kMCE-0_vFEU
Withdraw your request and resend it later:
- Depending on the length of time, you can withdraw your request and resend it later.
- If a prospect isn’t active on LinkedIn, resending the message places you at the top of their request page (helping you stay top-of-mind.)
- With the follow-up, quickly research the company and use a recent announcement or milestone to include in the connection request.
Different ways to grab attention beyond a request:
- Find employees at the prospect’s company and research other people in similar roles, and send them connection requests as well.
- If your initial target prospect isn’t responding, try retargeting to get in touch with people in other positions in that same company.
- Look through the prospect’s recent posts or shared posts. If you engage via a comment or reaction, they’ll be likely to remember your name when viewing connection requests down the line.
Seek out mutual connections:
- This is a pretty obvious answer, but it’s an effective strategy!
- If you have an existing mutual connection, reach out to that individual and see if they can arrange an introduction.
Connect with Donald on LinkedIn (and use these strategies if he doesn’t respond. He’ll be impressed.) If you have more questions or comments, join our sales group, The Sales Evangelizers Facebook group. And, of course, purchase Donald’s sales planner on Amazon.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.