Do you want to double your sales deals in 2022? In today’s episode of Selling in Color, Donald shares his three planning tips for the new year.
Tip #1: Make planning a part of your daily routine.
- Enterprise companies lose 10% of sales due to poor planning. So don’t be like them!
- Do the things you have planned to do, whether that’s prospecting, research, discovery calls, or anything else.
- The snowball effect is real – missed opportunities only lead to more missed opportunities.
- Donald’s advice: Set aside thirty minutes each day to plan for the following day.
- In your calendar time, set aside flex-time to account for interruptions, extensions, and overrun meetings and breaks to prevent your day from completely falling apart.
Tip #2: Focus on areas that increase sales.
- Donald couldn’t find a planner that helped him in his sales goals. So, he created his own!
- You can purchase his amazing sales planner on Amazon (you can’t blame us for a shameless plug, right?)
- This planner helps segment tasks into business development, administrative, and other discreet sections that help prioritize your day based on activities that increase income.
Tip #3: Measure your daily performance.
- Tracking your performance helps draw necessary insights to determine what elements of your current strategy are beneficial and what parts need to change.
- Consider finding an accountability partner, be it a co-worker, friend, or boss, to help you stay on top of your workload.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode to help us understand what you want to hear.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.