Selling high-ticket items can be challenging, especially when you can’t afford them yourself. Today’s guest is a business coach and entrepreneur Stephanie Chung, and she is going to teach us how to get past the hurdles of high-ticket selling (specifically overcoming that mindset you’ve instilled in your head over the years.)
The biggest challenges with selling high-ticket items:
- Controlling your own financial beliefs. While we all have our own economic beliefs, they should never pop up in a sales conversation.
- Using a “one size fits all” approach. Buyers have a process (just like salespeople.) Make sure they’re comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Lack of training. Salespeople need training on things other than your product; incomplete training gives them a disadvantage when talking to a customer because they don’t have a complete picture.
- Knowing the numbers. Your salespeople need to know the numbers you’re trying to hit as a company so they can understand the business they’re in and what drives their targets.
How did Stephanie start selling airplanes?
- Stephanie was a military brat who grew up on active military bases. She eventually got into sales and was recruited into private aviation selling jets.
- Her main challenge was selling to high net-worth individuals, so she had to grow, adapt, and grow accustomed to being around wealthy people.
The Neuroscience Behind Asking versus Telling:
- When you ask someone a question, the brain produces a dopamine effect.
- The more you get people to talk about themselves, the more they’ll like you because they’ll feel like you care and are interested in their life.
- The brain can process up to 3,000 words per minute, but humans can talk no more than 300. So ask questions to allow the prospect to speak, allowing you to think, dig deeper, and ask even more questions to get further clarity.
Stephanie’s major takeaway? Make sure you have the training, knowledge, and coaching you need to sharpen your game because it’s a competitive market.
- Connect with Stephanie on www.StephanieChung.com.
- Find her book, How to Profit Like a Girl, on Amazon.
- The Sales Manager’s Guide to Greatness: Ten Essential Strategies for Leading Your Team to the Top by Kevin F. Davis
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.