“Money isn’t the most important thing in the world. But it’s right up there with oxygen.” – Donald Kelly.
Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration. But money is important. And effective prospecting is a great way salespeople can up their game to make more sales. In today’s episode of Selling in Color, Donald shares his top three prospecting tips to find new clients and thrive in sales.
1. Prospecting is the only way people will get to the top of your funnel.
- Sure, marketing will generate some inbound leads. But, especially for B2B sellers, you have to earn what you want.
- Prospecting should be a part of everything you do. So always be in prospecting mode.
- Remember, prospecting isn’t pushing your product down people’s throats. But there’s a difference between overbearing and passion. (Pro tip: Choose passion.)
2. Prospecting should be on your schedule.
- While it might come naturally in the grocery store or at church, designating time to prospect is key to finding the number of potential clients you want.
- On The Sales Evangelist, Donald interviews A.J. Vassar to learn how to prospect effectively and why it’s so important. (Check back for the link once the episode goes live!)
3. Get creative.
- Don’t send a boring message that is a carbon copy of twenty other salespeople. That won’t garner the response you want.
- Offer something that benefits them like suggestions, tips, or articles; anything that explicitly helps them, at no cost, to grab their attention.
- Consider creating a video in their store, or send a LinkedIn message linking out to something of value. Send something nobody else is!
To surmise, your prospecting efforts will yield better results if you: actually prospect, set time to prospect, and get creative with your prospecting. I know; it’s basic stuff. But perfecting the basics is something many salespeople never take the time to do. So get ahead!
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.