What principles do Donald and his team live by to yield a 90-95% show-up rate to appointments with his prospects and clients? (Here’s a hint: it’s all about establishing a personal communication line!) Find out on today’s episode of Selling Color.
Establish a specific date and time for them to commit to the appointment.
- If you don’t know a prospect’s information, ask for the best email to send a calendar invite.
- Acquiring the prospect’s preferred email address is also a valuable resource for you to communicate with them and ensure they receive materials you might want to send them in the future.
Create a personal line of communication with the prospect.
- Send a LinkedIn request. If someone doesn’t show up, send a quick LinkedIn message to them, where they’ll be much more likely to respond quickly than via email.
- Or, even better, send a text message. (Is that something we can do? Absolutely!)
- Offer your cell phone number first, telling them to text you if they can no longer make the appointment.
- You let down your guard first, and they’ll be much more likely to reciprocate if you ask for it.
Automate your calendar system.
- The best way to ensure a prospect’s meeting information is recorded and sent is to automate the process! Platforms like calend.ly offer automatic email notifications that make sure everyone is on the same page.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.