No matter what size, all organizations need to ensure their sales teams actually have time to sell. Today’s episode of Selling in Color features an episode from The Sales Evangelist archives with Resa Gooding. As a certified trainer at Hubspot, she understands how sales teams can manage their time to make the most sales possible (while maintaining quality, of course.)
Challenges of the modern seller:
- Lack of training given to salespeople is often considered the most significant challenge. This lack of experience causes inefficiency as companies throw sales reps in situations they might not be prepared for yet expect great results.
- Many companies focus too heavily on their technology or products instead of the value and benefits they provide.
- An untrained team ends up spending more time on administrative tasks instead of selling. They need to be given the information and the tools to effectively sit down with a new prospect.
- There has to be a system in place so the sales team can report their activities and successes. This also gives management a tangible way of seeing the work their team is doing.
Three tools to ensure sales teams have more time to sell:
- Connect your email inbox to your CRM software. (You can use HubSpot, SalesForce, or other similar CRM software.) Using this software allows your manager to see emails exchanged between you and prospects or customers, eliminating the need to summarize conversations at a later time. Using CRM increases the sales reps’ available time up to 21% compared to doing the reports manually.
- Connect your Calendly to your email communications. This is an efficient way of setting up meetings with prospects and clients. Resa’s pro tip: Embed three specific times a client can meet with you so clients can easily figure out a time or date you’re available.
- Use templates effectively. Templates mean you no longer have to reinvent the wheel each time you need a piece of content or a message for a specific phase of the buyers’ journey.
You can message Resa via her LinkedIn account. You can also check out her website: www.cacaomedia.co. For more sales information and questions, you can also catch up with Donald via LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for any sales concerns. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes, so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify (and leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode!)
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.