We’re kicking off season three of Selling in Color, which features the sales tips, tricks, and strategies to succeed in the sales industry. Today’s topic? We’re learning Donald’s personal strategies to identify and approach prospects on LinkedIn.
If you aren’t using LinkedIn, you need to.
- The platform boasts an impressive 756 million members, about half of which are active.
- However, of those people, only three million post content on a weekly basis.
- LinkedIn gets nine billion impressions per month, meaning that an insane amount of views goes to a relatively small number of creators.
- What does this mean? There’s a huge space with relatively little competition currently on the LinkedIn platform.
Donald’s strategy is a three-part plan: Connect, share, and engage.
- Connect with people who fit your ideal customer profile (at least ten of them per day.)
- Don’t send a boring request; view their profile and send a personalized request that shows you put effort into the connection.
- Think about the top ten problems or questions you get from prospects and use those ideas to develop content.
- Prompt people to engage and contribute to the conversation.
- When your connections start to engage and respond to it, you’ll then be viewed by second and third-degree connections, some of who will be prospects and leads.
- If you don’t have time to create new content, share podcast episodes or third-party blogs. But provide your own thoughts or spin as you share these posts to contribute to the conversation.
- Whenever someone likes, comments, or engages with your post, continue the conversation! Start the dialogue and create relationships that make cold leads warm.
We’re excited to learn all the tips and tricks that are to come in the season ahead. So make sure to subscribe and tune in each week to upgrade your sales game!
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.