We’ve hit the end of a fantastic season. Here’s a recap of some of the highlights over the last season of content. The first season highlighted people of color in sales, and season two focused on people of color who’ve thrived in sales. And season three? Stay tuned to find out!
We’ve had great takeaways from several of our guests:
- For example, Jose Quiroz uses his Mexican heritage to help him in sales (and found out his grandfather was a salesman.)
- Felix Montelara showed the importance of focusing on your audience is critical for salespeople.
- Amanda Abella finds success in sales thanks to her heritage and family.
- Simon Tecle made sure he was a leader in his sales role, and Wendell Jordan Jr. discussed the importance of overcoming cultural bias in the sales industry.
- Donald himself broke down his experience as the first in his family to join the sales community
- Ruben Alvarez leverages his color without abusing it, and Patrick Carter gave us several tips to advance our careers.
There are many powerful stories of people of color thriving in sales:
- Oprah Winfrey and Harriet Tubman were two of the salespeople ever to exist, even if they weren’t traditional “salespeople.”
- Kevin Cummings made more money as a salesman than his cousin (who was a doctor.)
- DeJuan Brown fell into sales without meaning to, and it’s lead to an incredibly successful career.
- Lin Hart spoke about Reginald F. Lewis, the richest black man in the world, and what he did to get there.
Selling in Color will take a two-week break, returning in October for another season of great content. The theme? Selling skills, strategies, tips, and ideas from fellow salespeople of color that they use to help in their sales efforts and that you can use in yours! It’s a season you won’t want to miss.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.