Mary Beth has explained many of the weird and creepy situations she’s had while online dating. But in today’s episode, she’s going to tell stories that finally pushed her over the top. The end of Mary Beth’s online dating saga is here!
She thought she found the complete package:
- He had a job, a car, a house, didn’t live with his mother, the total package. He even messaged Mary Beth immediately and tried to set up a lunch date.
- He started to look bad when he couldn’t be at their next date until 9:00, and it got awkward when he didn’t want a goodnight kiss.
- The third time they were supposed to meet, the date was changed four times (and only once because of Mary Beth.) When it finally looked like it was going to happen, he canceled last minute, saying he would explain later. He never did, but after Mary Beth asked him, he said there was a death in his family.
- He eventually came over to her house days after the canceled date and said he would see her the next day. But the day of, she got a text asking to change tonight’s dinner to tomorrow.
- At this point, Mary Beth was fed up. She told him she wasn’t happy with the way things were going, but he convinced her to keep seeing him.
The situation never got better.
- They planned a date for another night. But the day of, he texted her and said he wouldn’t be able to get there until 8:00, which was fine. But at 8:00, he changed it to 9:00. And at 9:00, he texted her and canceled.
- Mary Beth said she was looking for someone considerate of other people’s time, and he never answered back.
- A day later, he texted her asking for money but quickly said to disregard the message.
- A while later, she got another text asking for $1500, to which she said, “please lose my phone number,” and blocked him. She later checked to see if he responded, and all he said was, “lol okay.”
Online Dating Takeaways:
- It’s not judgemental if you see red flags and react appropriately.
- Another man messaged he and asked if she was interested in dinner and drinks, and Mary Beth said she was free on Saturday night. However, he never followed up or made concrete plans.
- When she was in New York, she matched with someone who sent a detailed message describing what he wanted to do to her body. (An excellent reason to leave the online dating world.)
- Mary Beth thinks some men just collect women to see who they’d most like to take out on a date or get in contact with.
Maybe there is a reason men date online, and it’s because there’s a reason they can’t land a date with the women they know. Regardless, Mary Beth’s dating profiles have been deleted, and she’s ready to move forward with her life. Tune in to the next episode to find out what that is!
You can get in touch with host Mary Beth Rosebrough on Instagram @rediscov.her.
MUSIC CREDIT: AudioJungle