In your work and life dealing with different personalities can be a challenge. How you are able to relate and deepen the relationship will be a leadership trait that will always serve you. In today’s episode of IntHERrupt, Linda is joined by Amie Migirova owner and lead stylist of Emma Justine Color & Extension Lounge discussing to relate and communicate with a variety of personalities.
- Starting out can be difficult.
- Being introverted can be overcome by building rapport.
- Ask questions.
- Quiet appointments are trending in salons right now to reduce stress.
- Variety of ways to build rapport with different personalities.
- Sometimes you have to dig deeper and step out of your comfort zone.
Tips on relating to others
- Keeping the conversation “light” when the conversation is stalled.
- Staying positive when someone is negative.
- Bring your best table to the interaction.
- Get the other person to talk about themselves.
Leading a team
- Get training to develop your and your team’s communication skills.
- Strive to grow constantly.
- Asking yourself how you can serve your team.
- Lead by example.
- The balance between being the leader and friend.
- Look for a peer group in your industry or common role.
- Caring for your team.
“A negative person doesn’t always love negative people.” – Amie Migirova
For more content and information from Amie, connect with her on LinkedIn or visit her company website at https://emmajustinesalon.com. Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.