We are our own worst critics. People tend to focus on their flaws rather than embrace the beauty seen by everyone else, and young girls growing up aren’t encouraged to look in the mirror and say, “I’m beautiful.” Today on IntHerrupt, Linda is joined by cosmetologist and professional makeup artist Ariane Poole to discuss beauty and how to love what you see in the mirror.
Many people struggle to look in the mirror.
- And, unsurprisingly, this is true across women of all ages. In particular for Ariane, she notices this thought in her clients 45 and older.
- In reality, everyone has good parts and bad parts. Every person has beauty.
- To Ariane, being centered and confident makes a person beautiful, not necessarily the physical qualities someone possesses.
The goal of makeup is to reflect the inner beauty on the outside.
- Beauty can be found in anything uplifting. When Ariane works with clients, she listens to their way of being, lifestyle, and what they like or dislike about their face.
- To love yourself, accept what you are right now. However, understand that things can change.
- When finding beauty, it’s about seeing the possibilities.
To the women who don’t like makeup:
- What do you hate about it? Certainly, it can feel heavy or uncomfortable, and it can be a time commitment.
- In Ariane’s experience, the person who hates makeup has experienced trying to look like someone else. But makeup is meant to enhance you as you are, not make you someone else.
- If you are concerned about using makeup, you can apply small amounts yet still get transformational results.
It’s cliche, but it’s true: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. People have different preferences for face shape, eyes, hair, style, virtually everything. But feeling beautiful is good for your being. Taking small steps to focus on yourself can be all it takes to revitalize your energy, confidence, and ability to love what you see in the mirror.
For more great content from Ariane, follow her on Instagram or visit her website. Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.