In today’s episode of the IntHerrupt podcast, Linda is joined by business strategist Kim Woods to discuss building alignment in your team.
Alignment is critical in reaching professional and personal goals.
- Kim’s previous work in the corporate world contributed to her well-rounded perspective working with entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- People work with people they know, like, and trust. But before you do that, you need to know, like and trust yourself.
- When you don’t like yourself, you’re less apt to ask for support, delegate tasks, or enter difficult conversations.
- And while you don’t need to “like” everyone in the workplace, you should respect them.
Be self-aware to be confident.
- When you’re self-aware and confident, instead of searching to be well-liked, you have more productive conversations and a stronger team.
- Alignment with yourself helps you recognize what you’re looking to do. Because if you don’t know that, how can you help others, lead clients, or grow your personal life?
Great ideas don’t materialize on their own – you need to take action.
- Know your strengths (and, more importantly, weaknesses) and what makes you unique.
- How do you figure out what makes you unique? Every person is, so there is no one-size-fits-all solution or discovery process.
- Kim’s 12-week discovery program helps you determine your goals, what brings you joy in life, and what you want to do with your life.
What are the challenges in building alignment?
- Everybody is online, resulting in difficulty in social connections.
- The digital marketplace is not your friend (even if we really want it to be.)
- Our fast-paced world has rapid information turnover.
- To overcome these challenges, trust your gut and give yourself time to step back and process a situation.
- Kim takes deep breaths, meditates, and gets away from her desk. She also doesn’t have notifications on at all times, providing a time to reflect, process, and relax.
Kim’s challenges as a leader, and how she overcame them:
- Many people weren’t thrilled about a 30-year-old woman leading a team and selling multi-million dollar deals.
- In her interruptions or times of conflict, she exits the conversation if necessary, or she analyzes how best to step back and get what she needs out of the conversation.
In the new year, Kim is looking to align her 2022 goals with a book deal! Connect with Kim on LinkedIn and visit her website to stay up-to-date on those exciting prospects.
Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.