The holiday season is a highlight for many people, but it also comes with stress! Regardless of which holidays you celebrate, it can be difficult to feel on top of both your personal and professional endeavors when the end of the year arrives. In today’s episode of IntHerrupt, Linda discusses five of her holiday hacks that can decode holiday stress and make the season as enjoyable as possible.
#1 Keep expectations realistic:
- Don’t stress about having a perfectly decorated house, apartment, or yard.
- Ask yourself what one thing will make the holiday great, and focus on that one element. Don’t worry about the rest.
#2 Create lists:
- It’s an opportunity to clear out your memory and dump out your thoughts, relieving the burden you might feel trying to remember all of your obligations.
- You’ll be able to look back and check what you did, whether that’s holiday shopping or finishing a work project.
- And, of course, there’s nothing more satisfying than scratching a task off of a to-do list!
#3 Simplify gift-giving:
- If you’re worried about financially affording gifts for the family, consider switching to a drawing instead of buying for every person.
- Focusing on just one family member reduces shopping stress and allows you to invest time into a meaningful and personal present.
#4 Reduce workplace stress:
- Reflect, meditate, do yoga; whatever works for you to destress, prioritize time for yourself to refresh and recharge.
- Review your accomplishments of the past year and give yourself time to appreciate the things you’ve done over the year before moving on to the next.
#5 Plan out vacation time in advance:
- The stress of the holiday season prevents many from using those vacation days you have saved.
- Make sure you use the time you’re given, you’ve earned it!
Ask yourself what non-negotiable experiences are for a fun and memorable holiday season, and make those happen. If you just focus on those elements (as well as yourself), you’ll be sure to have a wonderful season full of the memories and magic that make it so enjoyable.
Do you have more stories to tell? Talk to Linda Yates here. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by the TSE Studios, including The Sales Evangelist and more. This episode is sponsored by The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and smash their quotas. IntHerrupt Podcast is produced by the team at TSE Studios. If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the IntHerrupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single interview. You can find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.