Working around the clock might help you find success at your job, but what’s the value if you feel burnt out? Now more than ever, finding a work-life balance that works for you is essential. Today Linda is joined by Amanda Abella, CEO and founder of Make Money Your Honey, to talk about the value of rest and relaxation and how Amanda finds balance in her own life.
The benefits of finding time for rest and relaxation:
- Having time for relaxation helps generate better ideas, feel better physically, and be more emotionally balanced.
- These criteria not only affect your work productivity but also your general mental health and ability to find meaning and happiness in your life.
How does Amanda relax?
- Personally, Amanda goes to the beach. But, for building her business, Amanda likes to think she’s on a mission to fire herself.
- To build stability and time for relaxation within her business, she thinks with the end in mind. Most business owners don’t think about the end result and take whatever comes to them.
- When Amanda hired her first assistant, they sat down and planned their vision. Amanda only wanted to sell and make connections through podcasts. That’s it.
- It took over two years for Amanda to get to that goal. But she started with that vision in mind and made decisions to reach it.
Amanda’s experience with letting go:
- Amanda naturally just generates ideas, so a big part of shutting down was accepting that’s how she’s wired, and there’s nothing wrong with it.
- Instead of fighting it, which was draining, she just accepted it. However, just because she lets herself develop ideas doesn’t mean she starts implementing them all tomorrow.
Why relaxation is essential to Amanda’s community:
- Amanda doesn’t want her or her team to be running ragged because that doesn’t help anybody.
- She teaches sales to women, who are notorious underearners. Women are conditioned to overwork for little pay and not ask for what they want, and it creates a perpetual cycle of overworking and underearning. Amanda wants to teach women not to accept this.
What can someone do if they have a hard time relaxing?
- If you have a hard time relaxing, there’s something you aren’t owning or something you’re trying to avoid.
- Do some self-inquiry to determine why and what the problem is.
- For Amanda, realizing there’s a difference between recognizing her vision and goals and allowing herself to become overworked and overloaded feels different.
- If you’re a woman, join her free Facebook group, where they do complimentary training once a week.
- Find her podcast and videos on her YouTube channel, and connect with her on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Overcoming Underearning by Barbara Houston (formerly Barbara Stanny) changed Amanda’s life and revealed how to earn what you deserve and live at your full potential.
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks describes the zone of genius – things you love to do and are good at.
- Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and achieving their sales goals.
- Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher.
- Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.