Women have been breaking barriers for a long time now. In this episode, Trina Limpert speaks of breaking down barriers for women in tech roles.
Trina has 25 years of experience in the technology industry in Utah. Her mission includes trying to help women understand the benefits and opportunities that are available for them in the tech industry. Trina’s extensive experience in the field has allowed her to see what it is like for women to enter into the workforce. She recognized the gap where the tech industry needs new people but it’s not tapping the right resources – the women.
Women in different trades
- Women have been tailored into the nurturing type of roles such as nursing and teaching. Most women find themselves drawn into these professions so that the other opportunities outside these careers were never fully explored.
- Removing those barriers and constraints opens women’s eyes to broader opportunities in the field of finance, tech, and other trades that often aren’t explored by women.
- Salespeople today need an understanding of technology and its capabilities because there is no industry today that doesn’t require that knowledge. Digital marketing, technical sales, and every other industry require some level of tech understanding.
- Every area or discipline today has opportunities for women.
- The important thing is knowing your niche and learning how to do it well. You don’t need to go broad in a snap; what you need is to learn how to shift quickly.
- Learn how to be flexible and adaptive in your career as this allows you to do different things.
- Getting interrupted isn’t just about a pause when speaking or doing your presentation. Trina had a life interruption in the form of breast cancer. It was her pause moment and it allowed her to reflect on the things that are most important to her.
- Once you get through an interruption, believe that something bigger is coming your way.
- When you experience an interruption in life or at work, take a step back and see where you are supposed to be heading. Re-evaluate and then redirect.
- It’s important to find your superpower because every single person has their own individual superpower and it’s going to be different for everybody.
- Having a coach or mentor is helpful to guide you and walk you through things.
- Building your network is also crucial for career growth.
“Breaking Down Barriers for Women in Tech Roles ” episode resources
Reach out and connect with Trina Limpert via LinkedIn. You can also check their official website to see the available scholarships and other offers/discounts.
Do you have more stories to tell? Talk to Linda Yates here. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by the TSE Studios including The Sales Evangelist and more.
This episode is sponsored by The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and smash their quotas. Int-HER-rupt Podcast is produced by the team at TSE Studios,
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the Int-HER-rupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single interview. You can find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.