Christine Hansen is the Vice President of Advocacy of NAR and is planning on running for the position of President in 2023. She’s been a licensed realtor since 1987 and she’s sharing what she has learned about the essential ways to motivate yourself and your team.
Focus on your why
- It’s important we have a vision of where we want to go so that we know when we arrive.
- Focus on your why because this helps you stay on the right track.
- With the noise around us, it’s difficult to stick to our schedule. The key is getting rid of the distractions around you. The best way to do this is by daily practice.
- You need to understand what works for you. You don’t need to overcomplicate things by using other people’s methods. Just because it works for them doesn’t mean it’s going to work for you.
- Keep yourself motivated by creating a list and writing down what you should do and what you want to do. Break down your list to bite-sized pieces so you won’t feel overwhelmed.
- Keep a close connection with someone with whom you can call and talk to.
- Don’t scare yourself by entertaining thoughts that turn into fear and anxiety.
- It’s especially important to learn how to say No. Learn how to commit only to the things you can do and want to do.
- As the leader, it’s important to get to know your team and emulate that team spirit. Consistently touch base with your teammates and ask how they are.
- Remember that there is nothing wrong with taking a little bit of time for yourself when you’re feeling down and depressed.
- When people ask a question, don’t answer immediately. Take a breather and respond with a “Thank you so much for asking,” and tell them that you’ll get back to them. If your answer is No, thank them for the opportunity, and stop talking further. There is no need to justify your response.
“Essential Ways to Motivate Yourself and Your Team” episode resources
Follow Christine Hansen on LinkedIn.
Do you have more stories to tell? Talk to Linda Yates here. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by the TSE Studios including The Sales Evangelist and more.
This episode is sponsored by The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and smash their quotas. Int-HER-rupt Podcast is produced by the team at TSE Studios,
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the Int-HER-rupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single interview. You can find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to.
Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.