Though it’s a normal part of the human experience, learning how to navigate jealousy will protect your relationships and help you understand the people around you. Linda Yates and Nancy Gault have known each other for 22 years. As a partner in a CPA FIRM and a certified valuation analyst, Nancy is the epitome of professionalism. She is a career woman who has the best of both worlds, her job and her family.
- Nancy always brings passion to the table and it shows in the way she cares for people. When you love what you do, you show up differently and as a result, she’s achieving success by doing what she loves.
- Even when you’re not delivering good news, be honest and straightforward with prospects and clients.
- Without interruptions, we would never know the pleasure of the successes we have.
- We need to expect interruptions as part of our journey to success.
- Great entrepreneurs pick their battles and put themselves in time out. They know when to remove themselves from the equation when an interaction isn’t going well.
- Nancy learned how to manage jealousy by perceiving peoples’ emotions around her. She doesn’t think negatively of people and gives them credit for what they do.
- You can manage jealousy by acknowledging and recognizing the value in other people and appreciating what they contribute.
- Humans can become jealous because of a variety of factors. Some reasons may include that they don’t have all the facts or they lack skill.
- Managers need to sit down and ask the team what their goals are. Simply checking in on them and ensuring they are on the path to their personal successes goes a long way.
- You can also manage jealousy by asking direct questions. It helps to understand the other person before you seek to be understood.
- It’s normal for people to have jealous feelings but having appreciation and recognizing peoples’ worth, with gratitude, can go a long way to manage these issues before they become detrimental.
- Mentors are key to opening many doors on a personal and professional level. If you are a mentor, let your mentees know that you are available. You are their safe person and the one who helps them navigate a variety of issues.
“How to Manage Jealousy” episode resources
Reach out and connect with Nancy Gault via her LinkedIn.
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the Int-HER-rupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single interview. You can find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for every episode you listen to. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.