When you don’t get your way, how do you move on? On today’s Episode of IntHERrupt Leslie talks with Theresa Green Davis, a strategic HR project manager with over 30 years of work experience, about what to do when things don’t go your way.
When has Theresa not gotten her way?
- Theresa has been a part of many groups that have decided to go about things differently than she would have liked.
- She tells us that it’s not always about having it your way – it’s about being collaborative and inspiring others in the pursuit of a particular goal.
- She advises us to be open to change and work towards having open communication with your team.
- Know the people you work with, but don’t define them by their personalities.
How do you move on when you don’t get your way?
- Know yourself. Be clear about what your goals and expectations are in your career and in your personal life.
- Make an action plan and base your decisions on that.
- Don’t make impulsive decisions based on emotion and don’t point fingers.
When should you stand your ground?
- Again, know yourself.
- Identify what you are flexible on and what you can’t be flexible on.
- Theresa will not jeopardize her integrity for anyone or anything.
How can you let go and move on?
- Allow yourself to grieve but set a time limit for yourself. Once you’ve grieved, create a plan for how to move forward.
- Call on family and friends for support.
- Lift up others around you.
What tips does Theresa have to help people feel empowered?
- Theresa encourages everyone to have a strong relationship with the Lord. Her relationship with the Lord has brought her peace in difficult moments.
- While you are in a good place, create a wellness plan. Identify your go-to people and specific activities that help you feel empowered and write them down.
How does Theresa deal with being interrupted?
- Theresa relies on her go-to people.
- She knows herself and tries to learn from the experience.
- Theresa says “There is nothing you can’t get past. There is always something on the other side.”
For more content and information from Theresa, connect with her on Linkedin. Do you have stories to tell? Connect with Linda to share them. This podcast is produced by TSE Studios. Check out other podcasts by TSE Studios, including this episode’s sponsor, The Sales Evangelist, helping new and struggling sellers close more deals and achieve their sales goals. Subscribe to the IntHERrupt Podcast so you won’t miss a single show. Find us on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify, and Stitcher. Audio created by Ryan Rasmussen Productions.